What is myAlliant?
myAlliant is the portal for Alliant International University. Faculty and Adjunct Faculty can enter grades and email students through myAlliant. Students can login to review their personal profile, check grades, review the course catalog, access the bookstore, check their degree audit, update class schedules, review financial aid status and much more is available at myAllaint.
Select topics you wish to view on the left side or open entire guide HERE
Logging in to myAlliant
If you do not have your username and password information check your email for the information that was sent to you or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. From the My Courses, view the details of any of your courses by clicking on the drop down menu next to the course name.
4. Course Details will give you more information about the selected course.
Class List will allow you to view the students and print a class rosters, email students, and export class list to Excel.
Textbooks will allow you to enter and assign textbooks to your class.
Grady Entry will allow you to enter grades for your class.
5. To return to the My Courses, click the ‘My Courses’ link on above the ‘Course Details’ bar or select the green arrow Back option.
Scroll through the slide show to view the Class List features: view, print, export to excel, email students, FERPA.
1. From My Courses, you can enter textbooks for your courses by clicking on the drop down menu next to the course name and selecting Textbooks.
2. Assign Textbooks: There are two ways to assign textbooks to a course: select the book from a list of existing textbooks that have previously been assigned at Alliant; or add a new textbook.
3. To Search the database for books that have previously been used at Alliant, select “Search for Existing Textbooks to Assign to Course.” You can search by Title or a word in the Title, or by Author, Publisher, or ISBN. Because the search will be looking for exact matches to what you typed, sometimes using just a key word from the title will return better results. Narrow your results by checking “Search only textbooks you used in the past 5 years.” Click “Search.”
Review the list that is returned. If your book is shown, select it by checking the box to the left of the title. Indicate whether the book is required or optional. Select “Assign Selected Textbooks” at the bottom of the page. If your book is not listed, you can search again with more search terms, or select “Cancel” to return to the main screen.
4. To Add a textbook and assign it to the course, select “Add New Textbook to Assign to Course.” Enter at a minimum to book’s title, ISBN, and whether required or optional. Click “Save” to add the textbook to the course.
5. Edit a Textbook: To edit a textbook from your course, click on the
icon next to the textbook title. Make your changes and click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
6. Delete a Textbook: To delete a textbook from your course, click the
icon next to the textbook title. Confirm that you do want to delete the textbook by clicking ‘OK’.
Please Note: You MUST click the “Save” button at the bottom of the grade entry screen before leaving the screen for any reason. If you do not click “Save,” all grade and attendance entries will be lost.
1. From My Courses, select “Grade Entry” from the drop down menu next to the course name.
2. Next to the student name select the final grade from the drop down menu. To set a default grade for the whole class, click on the ‘Set Default Grade’ button and select the grade.
3. If required, enter the last date of attendance for the student. If the majority of the students have the same last date of attendance, you can use the ‘Default Last Date of Attendance’ function by entering the date or clicking on the calendar image and selecting the default date. To finalize, click on the ‘Set Default LDoA’ button.
4. If required, enter the number of absences for the student.
5. Click the ‘Save’ button.
6. Grading Narrative (For CSPP Faculty Only) - Click the ‘Edit’ link under the ‘Narrative’ heading. Note: in the Narrative Entry function, all fields must be completed, including your typed name in the ‘Instructor Signature’ field at the bottom of the page, before you click the ‘Submit’ page and successfully submit the grade report for the student.
The development of myAlliant and My Courses is an iterative process, and user participation is needed as we continue to build on our new technologies and resources. Please make some time to send feedback to the development team by using the “Feedback on myAlliant” link that is located at the bottom of every myAlliant page. Your comments and suggestions will provide the guidance needed to continue to improve upon the myAlliant portal and their usefulness to the Alliant community.