Alliant Email for Staff
All registered students at Alliant International University receive a network access and email account for the duration of their educational career with Alliant. Students are highly advised to check their Alliant email for notices from Financial Aid, Office of the Registrar, Admissions, Provost’s and President’s Office.
Logging In Off Campus
You can access your Alliant Email account off campus using your personal computer, phone, or tablet. Below are instructions on how to log in to your Alliant email. when off campus
1. Open a web browser and go to https://mail.alliant.edu
2. In the box "Domain\user name:" Enter alliant\ and your username. e.g. alliant\jsmith (see image below)3
3. In the box "Password" enter your password, the password is case sensitive.
Setting Email Up On Your Phone and Tablet
Most phones and tablets have a similar setup when it comes to setting up Exchange email. They want the domain, server, your username, and password.
Alliant's domain: Alliant
Below is the example for how to set up Alliant's email on iOS. Starting from 1 click through the instructions pictured below.
Setting an Out of Office Alert in Outlook
1. Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
2. Select the File tab, and then click the Info tab in the menu.
3. Select Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
4. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box
5. If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range check box. Then set the Start time, and then set the End time.
6. In the Inside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send within your organization, and in the Outside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send outside your organization.
7. Click OK.
8. If you selected the “Only send during this time range” option in step 4, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 5 is reached. Otherwise, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) will continue to run until you repeat step 1 and select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.
Scheduling a Conference Call
Conference calls are now Self-Scheduled. Please follow the instructions below.
(Note: Conference lines are set up as “rooms” in Exchange/Outlook.)
It is recommended to create the Conference Line request first. Once you have the confirmation of the Conference Line and Conference Line information, then create a new meeting request and invite the people who you want to participate.
Download the PDF GUIDE here or follow the directions on the slide show by selecting the numbers in order and reading the captions for the pictures.
If you have any questions or problems contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-635-4357 option 1.
To save space you can archive your emails by storing them to your shared drive, follow the directions below to set up archiving.
For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013: